We have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but today is overflowing with potential. ~ Allan Lokos
Today is overflowing with potential, and wherever you might be at this moment this statement is the truth. We often become locked in a victim mentality and don’t see this as the truth, and yet it remains as true for you as for me. Becoming mired by the lies we tell ourselves, that we are not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not thin enough, and on and on we stop living to our fullest potential. There are countless reasons as to why we get stuck in this trap, but none of them are as important as the fact that you are none of these things. These are simply lies you are telling yourself.
In order to live a life rich in potential, we need to begin to let go of our fears our failures, and our sorrows. Perhaps this can only come in glimpses when we begin the practice, but the brilliant piece is that each one of us has a potential that is uniquely our own. We each have some unique gift to impart to the world.
Where can you begin in this process?
- Learn to let go of the fear of failure, of not being good enough. Release the social phobias and the holding onto limiting beliefs.
- Discover the talents and gifts you were given and how you might develop them.
- Learn how to spot new opportunities for personal development by learning new skills.
- Set goals and then meet those goals.
- Develop a strong sense of purpose and direction.
- Live a balanced life where your physical, emotional, spiritual and financial health coexist harmoniously.
- Step out of your comfort zone.
Take the time to invest in yourself, to unlock your potential and all that you were created to be. Look at what makes you feel passionate, because a passionate life is one that is fully lived. Be fearless in your pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela